Christina let us know the theme is:
- quirky or unusual music
- unusual beat counts
- changing rhythms or instrumentation
- quirky lyrics
- and other things like that.
Christina says: "Not all of the music will be that way, but a lot will, and I think it's going to be fun! I'm hoping it will inspire new kinds of movement for all of us and take us to new places of creativity. Please let me know if you have any suggestions -- I'd love to receive them!"
And we know that Sunday Barefoot Boogie is all about movement. The Barefoot Boogie dancers are getting known for their different and unusual movement techniques around the other studios in the East Bay such as Ecstatic Dance and Dance Jam. They are known for:
- dancing with the room
- non-contact contact-dancing
- freestyle dancing in groups of three and more
- honoring movement and dance